Date & Time (4hrs/shift)
June 30, 2018 – 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM
July 1, 2018 – 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- A plenitude of snacks and beverages
- All of the above
- A reference letter (available upon request)
All volunteers are required to attend at least one of the following orientation sessions:
Location: S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Social Services Centre (28 W. Pender St, Vancouver BC V6B 1R6)
Date & Time:
- Session #1: Wed, June 13, 2018 7:00-8:30 PM
- Session #2: Sat, June 23, 2018 4:30-6:00 PM
Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns!
Set Up Crew: (June 30 & July 1)
- Set up tents, booths, tables, put up signs, and work on stage set up.
- Assist volunteers when they first arrive, direct them to their team and providing information for the general public.
- Welcome the media when they first arrive, and direct them to the media zone.
- Welcome the Guinness World Record attempt drummers when they first arrive, and direct them to the drum circle.
- Welcome the performers when they first arrive and direct them to the back stage.
- Make sure the volunteers, drummers and performers are well taken care of: bring food and drink to remote Volunteers, drummers and performers.
- Help to distribute the rattle drums.
- Assist tech and stage managers to keep things running smoothly.
- Preference will be given to those who have experience with stage tech and equipment.
- Help to run activities in the workshop.
- Should like working with kids of all ages.
- Welcome our VIPs when they arrive and greet them with smiles.
- Provide information for the VIPs
- Answer questions from the public regarding the event.
- Document the event with photographs and videos.
Crowd Control and Safety:
- Help monitor pedestrian flow and give directions.
- Keep an eye out for unsafe behaviour.
- Assist with traffic flow on set-up day and during load out on the day of the event.
Tear Down Crew:
- Assist the team with load out, take down tables, stage equipment, cable and clean up.