Thank you for your interest in being part of the Canada Day Drumming Celebration.
Canada Day Drumming Celebration: July 1, 2020
Event Set-up: June 30, 2020
Share the joy and enjoy the energetic and loud drumming with us! As a volunteer, you’ll enjoy the following perks as a thank you for helping us promote diversity and multicultural harmony, peace and love for a better world.
- Souvenir Volunteer T-shirt
- Food and beverage provided during the shifts
- Reference Letter* (Provided on request)
*Volunteered for 2 shifts (8 hours or more)
All volunteers are required to attend at least one of the following orientation sessions:
Date & Time: TBC
Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns!
*All volunteers would have to arrive 15 mins prior to their first shift.
Set Up Crew: (June 30 & July 1: 8am – 10am)
- Set up tents, booths, tables, put up signs, and work on stage set up.
- Assist volunteers when they first arrive, direct them to their team and providing information for the general public.
- Welcome the media when they first arrive, and direct them to the media zone.
- Welcome the Guinness World Record attempt drummers when they first arrive, and direct them to the drum circle.
- Welcome the performers when they first arrive and direct them to the back stage.
- Make sure the volunteers, drummers and performers are well taken care of: bring food and drink to remote Volunteers, drummers and performers.
- Help to distribute the rattle drums.
- Assist tech and stage managers to keep things running smoothly.
- Preference will be given to those who have experience with stage tech and equipment.
- Help to run activities in the workshop.
- Should like working with kids of all ages.
- Welcome our VIPs when they arrive and greet them with smiles.
- Provide information for the VIPs
- Answer questions from the public regarding the event.
- Document the event with photographs and videos.
Crowd Control and Safety:
- Help monitor pedestrian flow and give directions.
- Keep an eye out for unsafe behaviour.
- Assist with traffic flow on set-up day and during load out on the day of the event.
- Ensure recycling is done properly
Tear Down Crew: (July 1: 4pm – 6pm)
- Assist the team with load out, take down tables, stage equipment, cable and clean up.